Monday, May 12, 2008

BGWW dismount


I finally finished it. This was a great exercise in color, composition, and technique. I wanted to achieve a bunch of things with this, and I'm happy I accomplished most of them. This took a considerably long time because I had to divide up my time between painting and wiring the studio phones. It makes me nervous to walk away from a painting while in progress. It makes me feel like somehow I might lose my direction or momentum.

I have a love-hate relationship with multiple character paintings. I'm reluctant to start, and I will procrastinate without end, but once started I enjoy the process. I refuse to seek out the problems but man do I enjoy solving them.

1 comment:

COMIKXGUY said...

sounds like alot of us :)

btw i have an amusing / appropriate word id - ovele as in oh well

o'vell